Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Ulanov Legend is no longer told 'round the campfire at Wikipedia...

I heard that Wikipedia has a new system that only allows long-time users to make edits to their articles (or if it isn't here yet, then it will be soon). This, of course, means that Ulanov's legendary lack of performance in the playoffs this year will no longer be able to be exalted on their fine site. I, for one, am appalled. Flabbergasted. Stunned. When will all the free encyclopedias of the world learn that only a true fan can write a bio, and that "facts" have so little to do with the essence of a person???

3 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

I'm just curious as to how one becomes a "long-time user" without editing privileges. Do you just have to suggest them on the comments section and wait for somebody else to make them?

Unable to sleep or be productive last night, I was perusing a wide variety of Wikipedia articles, most of them on Canadian politics and most of them on non-obscure subjects. There were many grammatical errors that I would like to have fixed. I didn't even try because I was so lazy, but now you're telling me that laziness wasn't the only thing preventing me from doing it!

Your sister

8:56 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Greetings!

You are indeed my sister, but it was not me who wrote that post. I believe the delicious Mr. Vice President has finally come home to the fan club.

Don - I heart you. Was this post a hint for me to call you?

7:44 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger DonECoyote said...

Indeed it was. And also I 'heart' apple pie. And music. And you.

10:22 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home