Monday, October 30, 2006

Mystery solved: Canada loses a hero.







It was bittersweet news. I came home to the sports section after a long day of vinyl organising. And school work. All those unanswered questions are answered. Igor Ulanov will play hockey again. But not on this continent. Ulanov will start playing next month for Alexei Mikhnov's old team, Yaroslavl (as reported by The Edmonton Journal).

It's bittersweet. Once I discover how to translate Yaroslavl's homepage, I will again be able to faithfully follow the career of the player whose jersey I proudly wear everywhere. In my heart, no other player will ever compare to Igor Ulanov. Yes, even the Swedish charms of Daniel Tjarnqvist.

I am at a loss for words, but I'm sure there will be tear-stained poetry to follow. Good luck in Russia, Igor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

In Soviet Russia, hockey plays Igor Ulanov!

3:14 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get a Yaroslavl jersey, and when do they play the Flames next?

8:41 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

You might try breaking into Mikhnov's place of residence to fill your Yaroslavl jersey needs. And they play Calgary on Sunday.

3:30 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home