Wednesday, March 28, 2007

For the Love of Two Teams



I realized something the other day. I am a fan of Yaroslavl Lokomotiv. Well that may not come as a surprise, just remember how this all started out. I started following Loko when Ulanov signed with them. I would look at his player page and nothing else. Somewhere along the way, though, I became a fan of the entire team. Due to the fact that I live right outside of Edmonton, news about the Oilers pretty much falls into my lap on a daily basis. I spend way more time on the Lokomotiv's site than I do on the Oilers one. I sit here at the computer madly trying to decipher what it says, while using shitty online translators because I have zero knowledge of the Russian language. My fandom will follow Ulanov to whatever team he plays for, but now I sort of have two teams and never the two shall meet. Perhaps one day I'll even see the second one in action.

I taped the Oilers game from last night where they played (and lost, but not badly for a change) in Nashville, and lo and behold, there was a fan there wearing a Lokomotiv jersey. I had to rewind and look about three times just to make sure. Also, Mini 'Nov (Tom Gilbert) got two assists and the second star of the game.

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Dog said...

I think your man Tom may be worthy of some Ulovenov.

Ulalove.

??

7:26 AM, March 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that WAS a Loko jersey, I saw it as well, but couldn't fathom somebody in Nashville owning such a thing.

9:25 PM, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home