Thursday, March 02, 2006

Awesome display of goaltending...

...by Curtis Sanford. I was impressed. Markkanen (and to a certain extent Morrison) was another story. Of course I could not have done any better. But that's why I get paid ten bucks an hour to put handles on ice cream buckets (hey, it helps pay tuition). Welcome back to the NHL, boys.
You had to know this was coming (or you didn't look very hard at the title of this blog): Ulanov played last night. I don't know what it is, but watching him play puts me in a good mood. Tarnstrom was back in the mix last night. It was interesting to see him play.
My friend has invited me to the San Jose game on Friday, which is very exciting for me. There has been talk of Jason Smith returning to play in Friday's game. It will be the first time I've gone to a game in about three years, and it would be great if Ulanov were to play. So. Yeah, Jason...how's the toe really feeling? Because you shouldn't push your luck with those things. But I wish you all the best.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'd take Gator over Ulie anyday as part of my d-corp, thanks. Nothing against Ulie, for his best/better days are behind him, but there are too many horses in the stable when all are healthy ( Prongs, MAB, Gator, Staios, Spacek, Tarnstrom and Greene....Ulanov - > he's pretty much the new Cory Cross in that he's hangin' around until KLo can find a taker for em' on DDay !

7:06 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:05 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Don't EVER compare Igor Ulanov to Cory Cross. em'? I'll take fucked up contractions for 400, Alex.

11:28 AM, March 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their both pretty much at the end of the road career-wise wouldn't you say (CC/IU)...you don't seriously see Ulie returning for action next season again whether it be for the Oilers or another org. Wily vet he is but age and decline in play have gotten the better of him. em' referring to a team that will take him of KLo's hands ala Cross : )

5:52 PM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

I am fully aware of Ulanov's hockey skills. But what will they do when respiratory infections, auto vs. pedestrian accidents and broken toes strike all at the same time? If it happened once and it can happen again. And even though Ulanov is approaching traditional NHL retirement age, I say if you've played for 14 seasons, you're good for another 14. It's not like he really puts himself in physical danger during games now. Also if you must compare Cross to Ulanov, you cannot forget the vast difference in sex appeal. I will admit though, Cross has aged quite well. He's 35 and he reminds me of that little bitch from my stats class.

2:55 AM, March 04, 2006  
Anonymous Rachel Dill Boyer said...

Appreciate youur blog post

7:45 PM, January 19, 2024  

Post a Comment

<< Home