Friday, March 10, 2006

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have an inside source who has recently informed me that there are some kids somehwere (the "where" will remain nameless) that refer to a klutz or a klutzy act as an "Ulanov." This displeases me. Kids, the man has been playing in the NHL longer than you have been alive. Show your elders some respect, I say. Besides, it's actually called a "Conklin."

I hope Cory Cross didn't bother unpacking his bags while in Pittsburgh. Also, I miss Mike Morrison already (and Ottawa has done something funny to his picture).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll even admit that that designation should go to Cross moreso than Ulie...but the degree of seperation is not that wide : ) I respect Ulie insofar as being a wily vet and consumate pro but he is a relic of the old-style NHL ( stay-at-home type ) not the new NHL that feeds off of speed, youth and finesse.

Still though, today's youth does indeed need to show some respect not only for their elders but some appreciation of those gone before them in all walks of life !

7:52 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

What a surprise! I certainly didn't expect you to be the first to comment here!

12:44 AM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger DonECoyote said...

you know, I heard that when you make a career as a defenseman in the best hockey league in the world was called pulling an Ulanov. Huh. We must run in different circles.

8:18 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Well I don't hang out with 12-year-olds. My inside source might though. But your making-a-career-as-a-defenceman-and-calling-it-pulling-an-Ulanov friends can hang out here anytime.

1:43 AM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned some of Uli's nicknames that get thrown around.

A lot of people on HF Boards referred to the defensive pairing of Cross and Ulanov as "Crossanov" because they only did the work of one player, if that.

The other one was "Toolanov." I think it's relatively self explanitory.

I don't necessarily agree with either of these, but they are humourous nonetheless.

6:44 PM, March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home