Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oilers fans everywhere are experiencing vicious hangovers today.


Woo! Whyte Ave. wasn't as crazy as it was when I was there on Friday, but it was still a grand time. There was a street hockey game a la Labatt beer commercial, fake oil rigs in the backs of trucks and general noise. We ended up at The Strat, arguably the world's classiest bar. I was there with my brother and some of his friends because all of my friends either have their priorities messed up or were working, so I had to borrow some of his. In the Strat, we managed to get a five person chant going of "Ulanov! Ulanov!" I was so proud. it also appears that "let's go Oilers, fuck you Cheechoo!" has now turned itself into "Let's go Oilers, fuck you Teemu!" in preparation for Round Three.

Moving on. One day last month I was surfing the Oilers wbsite and came across computer wallpaper. I was delighted to find the above picture available for download. Since that day, they have also added several Stanley Cup themed choices, as well as wallpaper for both Matt Greene and Brad Winchester. It appears that Rem Murray is the player without wallpaper. Speaking of excluding players, The Journal has once again left Ulanov off of the dreaded Scratches list. I died a little bit on the inside when I read the paper this afternoon.

It's time again to take a look at what kinds of things people have googled in order to find this sexy blog. We've had hits from people searching for Pronger, Peca, Horcoff and Torres fan clubs, "Horcoff Russian," "Raffi Torres Beard," "Backstreet Boys Edmonton Sun 2006," "Chelios beats children," "Pants off for Samsonov," "Kransokamsk picture," and my personal favourites: "Chuck Norris fan base," "What happened to Igor Ulanov," and "Why isn't Igor Ulanov playing playoffs 2006." The last two are fine questions.

Can someone tell me why I bought a giant bag of peanuts last night?

9 Comments:

Blogger RyeGuy said...

Maybe you were expecting to save a small child from a rampaging elephant on Whyte last night. That joint is CRAZY. I left when people started climbing lamp posts.

5:23 PM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

I like the lamp post climbers. As long as they're not vandalising anything, I find them quite entertaining.

10:01 PM, May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when, exactly, are people going to lay off the Chuck Norris shit? Yesterday would be nice.

10:20 PM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Do you wish ill on Mr. Norris or something?

2:22 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger "Steve Smith" said...

As I recall, you bought that bag of peanuts because you really wanted peanuts.

10:58 PM, May 20, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Well I didn't want them when I spent the morning hung over and picking up peanuts off of your floor.

3:00 AM, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No issues with Norris. The obsession and lame jokes got old in record time, though.

9:17 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Black Dog said...

When you say "giant bag of peanuts" how large are we talking here? 50 lb bag? 100 lb bag?

That is a lot of peanuts.

8:18 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Doogie2k - Norris was mentioned once on the site, and then I mentioned him once because someone found our site searching for him. Hardly overkill.

BDHS - Hardly that big, but I don't think I'd ever eat a bag the size I purchased in one sitting (instead I apparently decided to spill it all over the floor).

7:01 PM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home