Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bertuzzi secures his place in HELL!

I'd first like to start out by saying that this post would have appeared a lot sooner had our wireless internet not been as useless as Cory Cross on a slippery surface.

Ahem. This photo is available on E-bay. I have put a stop to my E-bay spending (ridiculously cheap hockey cards do add up, you know), but I would like to point out that this would make an excellent birthday gift for someone (I mean me. My birthday is Oct. 25, the same as Pablo Picasso's. He shuffled off of the mortal coil some years ago, therefore I don't think a 4x6 autographed picture of the Magical Mr. Ulanov would serve him any purpose).

I hope Bertuzzi got a penalty for what appears to be some sort of scandalous tripping affair. Then maybe Ovechkin materialised on the ice and scored a goal, taking Canada out of medal contention.

Speaking of the devil, I'm going to Vancouver tomorrow. We'll be in the air during the Edmonton-Calgary game, much to our chagrin. However on Saturday we plan on finding a sports bar, consuming copious amounts of beer and watching Hockey Night in Canada while heckling the TV screen as the Oilers (sans Ulanov, no doubt) take on Detroit. So don't wait up.

5 Comments:

Blogger DonECoyote said...

I think Mr. Ulanov will be heartened in these difficult times by the thought of your t-shirt. We shall overcome.

9:20 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Ryan said...

If you're flying West Jet you get personal satellite teebee. Should be able to watch the game.

3:23 PM, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're awesome! This blog rules! I know what it's like to be the biggest fan of an Oilers defenseman who could be described as someone who "moves the puck quickly out of the defensive zone" but "owns limited overall ability". Then Scott Ferguson signed with Minnesota and I was devastated. Now he's playing in the AHL and I don't even get to see him play. How sad.

Anyway, Igor rules, and here's to more games for him.

10:25 AM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Ryan - We didn't get the one with TVs on the way there...just on the way back when there wasn't an Oilers game.
Jake - Our thoughts are with you. Maybe one day Ferguson will make a vicious comeback. Then the doubters will all be sorry.

8:53 PM, March 19, 2006  
Anonymous des plumes dans le ciel said...

Nice bllog you have

12:33 AM, September 21, 2023  

Post a Comment

<< Home