Monday, April 17, 2006

Pronger and Bergeron get one gold star apiece



for resting in the last game. This of course enabled the real gold star, Igor Ulanov, to shine.

Ulanov halted (although probably briefly) his stint in the press box at 22 games. Judging by the way he's been treated this season, I highly doubt that we will see him in the playoffs. Once the smile finally leaves my face, I will become upset again. I did savour every minute that I saw him on the ice.

The game was great. It was nice to sit back and not have to worry about trying to make the playoffs. Our team was infested with young guns who played their little hearts out. Murray scored his first goal of the season, which was nice to see. Ok enough of that.

Ulanov took the first penalty of the game for hooking, which meant that he got some close up shots. He played his game much more offensively than I'm used to from him. And I liked it. What I did not like, however, was Quinn or Ferraro's (I have difficulty telling the difference between their voices) way of ridiculing Ulanov for missing the net the same way twice. The man is still a machine. A rare gem. Rare gems deserve massive amounts of ice time.

So MacTavish clearly responded favourably to the letter-writing campaign (watch for excerpts of these letters in a future post). I'll bet that he was going to play Pronger, but then read our three letters and completely changed his mind. Yes, the pen is mightier than the sword (or "penis, mightier that the sword," if you'd prefer to have a nice laugh about Celebrity Jeopardy! on SNL). Truth be told, I was originally planning to gather an army of sword-wielding soldiers to launch an attack before I thought of the letter writing campaign. Ok, this post is horrible. I sincerely apologize.

If you rest them, he will come. And he will bring his "A" game.

2 Comments:

Blogger DonECoyote said...

It fills me with a deep sense of pride, and comfort that our boy is playing once again, bringing not only his "A" game, but his "amazing, astounding, astonishing" game. You truly play with all of your heart, Igor. You are a diamond in the rough (and by rough, I mean the barren desert of Edmonton).

11:17 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger the Prez said...

Diamonds in the rough also deserve massive amounts of ice time. Or, at the very least, a spot on the players' bench.

1:25 PM, April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home