Saturday, May 27, 2006

So even though I'm trying to push the letter-writing campaign on everyone...

and I wanted it to be the first thing seen when visiting our lovely little site, I'd feel like a bad fan club president if I let a week go by without posting.

I was at the game on Thursday with a fellow Oilers fan (a Oilers playoff game...what a strange place to find an Oilers fan). We are always rushed to get to games in between meeting up after work and trying to get into our costumes, so I demanded this time that we arrive in time to see Ulanov on the playoff video. We did, and I was happy. Until the game started, anyway. After the game, I received a message from two friends who were also there to tell that one of them had almost walked right in to Ulanov outside of Rexall place, and to rub it in. I was, of course, rather envious.

This brought up a discussion between my friend and I about my priorities concerning the Oilers. My friend (we'll call him "Jason") demanded to know if I would rather have run into Ulanov outside of Rexall and the have the Oilers lose, or if I'd let that go and have an Oilers win. He's asked me before if I'd rather watch Ulanov play and have the Oilers lose (not to say that the two are related), or watch a game like any other and have the Oilers win. Of course I chose an Oilers win, for the following reasons:
1. I am madly in love with the Oilers as a team.
2. A longer playoff run means more time before a possible Ulanov retirement.
3. Fans would find some way to blame the loss entirely on Ulanov, like the predatory fans on the Oilfans Forum are doing to Staios and Spacek after Game 4.

A sign confiscated from a fan at Game 4: Fuck an emu for Teemu. Sound advice.

1 Comments:

Blogger the Prez said...

I also greatly miss the Vice President. If he doesn't come back, at least we'll have little Igor, with half of his genes being Donesque.

5:14 PM, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home